Tom and Henry Pritchard immigrated from Wales to Brooklyn, New York and opened their tackle store in 1848.  The store operated for 40 years and during this time they built rods for fly fishing as well as boat and casting rods.

The Pritchard's held patents for a reel seat clamp as well as a hard rubber, ribbed fore-grip.   Some rods are found marked with their retrospective patent numbers and occasionally one is found marked "Pritchard".  It is also known that Pritchard made rods of Abbey & Imbrie.

Pritchard - Trolling Rod